Happy Hayek-Klein day

8 May 2006 at 10:58 am 7 comments

Today, May 8, is the birthday of two extraordinary brilliant, prolific, and influential social theorists: F. A. Hayek (born 1899) and, um, me (born sometime after that). Enjoy a piece of cake for Fritz and myself.

(Another Hayek-Klein connection: I once owned a car formerly owned by the philosopher W. W. Bartley, III, for whom I had worked as a research assistant. Bartley had purchased the car in Germany, where he was conducting a series of interviews with Hayek for a planned biography, and later had it shipped to him in California. Hayek himself thus spent a good deal of time in the car’s passenger seat. Naturally, when I owned the car, I told my friends that I was the holder of the “Hayek Chair.”)

Entry filed under: - Klein -, Ephemera. Tags: .

The New Bashing of Economics: The Case of Management Theory Malthus and the Most Cited Economist in the World

• 1. Pablo F. Marchetti  |  9 May 2006 at 12:41 pm

No misunderstandings, no? Was it Friedrich Hayek…not Salma Hayek who used that chair in the car? I would have chosen Salma… to spend – as you say- “a good deal of time” with her… The problem beeing that her birthday is on September 2…

OK… Sincerely now… Happy birthday to you!!! Pablo.

I am an argentine student (73 years old, just a kid) of Foss and Klein thru your books and papers.
    PS.: In spite of my 73 I would enjoy Salma in my passenger´s seat, believe or not.

• 2. Peter Klein  |  9 May 2006 at 1:56 pm

Salma is great, but F. A. beats her 4 to 3 in this head-to-head matchup.

• 3. Ali Shams  |  9 May 2008 at 5:45 am

Fritz? wasn’t it Fredrich?

• 4. Peter Klein  |  9 May 2008 at 7:38 am

His friends called him Fritz.

• 5. Yu  |  8 May 2009 at 11:14 pm

Happy birthday!

• 6. David Hoopes  |  7 May 2011 at 11:52 am

Makes me think of the all the records the Gretzky brothers hold in the NHL for scoring by brothers.

• 7. David Hoopes  |  7 May 2011 at 11:53 am