Top Earners at Private US Colleges and Universities
| Peter Klein |
Some interesting factoids in this Chronicle of Higher Ed. story on compensation at 600 private US colleges and universities (via Gary Peters):
- Of the 88 employees earning more than $1 million in 2006-07, only 11 were chief executives. Most were coaches or medical school faculty.
- Median salary for full professors with MDs in the clinical sciences: $238,000
- Median salary for full professors in all other disciplines: $122,159
- Highest-paid employee: USC football coach Pete Carroll ($4.4 million)
- Second highest-paid employee: Columbia University dermatologist David Silvers ($4.3-million)
- Highest-paid economist: Columbia’s Henry Levin ($302,053)
- Highest-paid film-studies professor: Wesleyan’s Jeanine Basinger ($250,854)
No information given on marginal revenue products. I imagine Pete Carroll’s is at least $4.4 million. Don’t know about the rest.
See also the graphic below (click to enlarge):