| Peter Klein |
- A public service from our good-twin site: What makes a good review?
- History matters? “[T]he descendants of societies that traditionally practiced plough agriculture, today have lower rates of female participation in the workplace, in politics, and in entrepreneurial activities, as well as a greater prevalence of attitudes favoring gender inequality.”
- Another review of The Invention of Enterprise, by frequent O&M commenter Michael Marotta.
- Regression to the mean? A McKinsey report (via Russ) illustrates the difficulty of long-run supra-normal growth: “a startling 44 percent of all companies that grew at rates faster than 15 percent from 1994 to 1997 were growing at rates lower than 5 percent ten years later.”
- Another attempt to model the evolution of cooperation — this time by Acemoglu and Jackson.