Yes, You Should Use PowerPoint

7 March 2009 at 12:16 pm 5 comments

Dilbert.com

Entry filed under: - Klein -, Ephemera.

Ah, Democracy! Change Management Bleg

• 1. Amit  |  8 March 2009 at 5:05 pm

PowerPoint is a name of a software made by microsoft. I don’t use microsoft so never use powerpoint. Instead, I make fancy looking presentations using other tools. I hope that this still counts.

• 2. Peter Klein  |  8 March 2009 at 9:26 pm

Come on, next you’ll be telling me you don’t use a Kleenex to wipe your nose or a Xerox machine to make your copies!

• 3. Amit  |  9 March 2009 at 12:51 pm

First, I’m sorry to dissapoint you, but as someone who grew up outside the english speaking community, I really don’t Xerox anything, neither do I call my wipes Kleenex (In fact, in my home country they are called, mysteriously, “wipes”, in English, instead of their proper Hebrew name).

Second, when it comes to microsoft, it becomes more ideological (or religious?) matter. Unfortunately, they do dominate my computational environment (not my own computer, but I still have to send documents in word format if I want people to read my stuff). I don’t want to let them dominate my cognitive and lingual landscape.

• 4. Bart  |  14 March 2009 at 5:24 am

Lighten up guys

• 5. Bo  |  14 March 2009 at 5:28 am

PPT is the greatest tool ever – I pledge my life to Microsoft (again)..